Effective 1st December, 2012, Deublin Company has acquired Barco of Cary, IL. Both companies manufacture rotary unions used in a variety of equipment and process industries.
Founded in 1908, Barco developed swivels and ball joints for the railroad industry. Over the years, Barco developed and manufactured a wide variety of rotary unions, steam & hot oil joints, plane and self-aligning swivel joints. Previously, Barco was owned by Aeroquip Corporation, and most recently, Marison Industries.
Deublin Company was founded in 1945, and manufactures a broad range of precision components including rotating unions, steam joints and siphons, and electrical slip rings. Applications include machine tools, printing, plastics, tire & rubber, steel manufacturing, oil and gas exploration, paper and corrugating equipment, wind turbines, mining and more.
«The Barco acquisition brings together two great brands with similar applications, along with many new products and markets,» explains Rob O’Brien, Vice President Sales and Marketing of Deublin Company.
Deublin Company is privately held with international headquarters in Waukegan, Illinois, outside of Chicago, and manufacturing or sales locations in 17 countries.