Acquisitions

Grupo Hinojosa takes over the production units of Demco and Edihor

0
832

Grupo Hinojosa, a Spanish manufacturer of corrugated board packaging, has taken over the production units of the two insolvent companies Demco and Edihor, for which it had presented an offer in May this year.  This acquisition will make it possible to complete the Group’s product and service range, as well as to expand its presence in Catalunya, one of the main recipient markets for corrugated board in the Iberian peninsula.

The transaction, which was completed during the insolvency proceedings in which these companies were involved, has been made official on 15th July this year.  As well as incorporating the factories, Hinojosa has acquired all contracts and obligations, as well as agreeing to keep the 101 employees of both companies, to consolidate its facilities and integrate its teams as part of the Group. The combined turnover of Demco Edihor, amounts to about 15 million euro.

Located in Cardedeu (Barcelona), Demco is focused on the manufacturing of packaging solutions, 20% of them sold in France, and has been owned by the businessperson Angel Hortet Previ which controlled 70.56% of the securities directly and the remaining 29.44% through Edihor.

The latter deals with the purchase and sale of packaging products, such as extensible film, adhesive tapes, rolls of corrugated board, basic and rough Kraft paper, bubble wrap, corners and strapping; with these packaging elements Hinojosa is able to meet the growing demand from clients who have opted for online sales.